Your Guide for Weddings in Mexico
Your Guide for Weddings in Mexico. Destination weddings mean getting married far from home. Still, several couples prefer to have their wedding in Mexico because it isn’t too far.
Mexico is the paradise next-door, with affordable flights available from most major cities in the U.S.
In this case, it is shorter travel time affordable airfare and vacation getaway for couples and guests in this tropical paradise.
Mexico also reigns when it comes to a romantic destination, each region brimming with newlywed happiness.
One of which is Playa del Carmen, a wedding destination with excellent venues and tours. Especially for couples who are tying the knot.
The beautiful environment, linked with a warm climate and blue skies year-round, has made Playa an excellent wedding destination abroad.
This Guide for Weddings in Mexico will help with the basics
Playa del Carmen, Mexico is full of entertainment, food, and beautiful weather. Most couples are usually amazed by the generosity of the Mexican people.
The vibrant cultural sites throughout the country as well. Also at the all-inclusive resorts and affordable wedding packages available at some of the most beautiful venues.
Here are some of the many reasons why Mexico is an excellent wedding destination.
- Nearness to the United States, meaning easy (and often direct) travel for couples and guests.
- Exquisite beach weather and tropical temperatures all year-round
- Postcard-worthy of incredible ruins and coastline views
- Mouth-watering cuisine
- Astounding colonial structure and cultural sites to explore
- Offers many activities for both you and your guests like yacht rental in Playa Del Carmen for snorkelling and scuba diving.
- Personalized wedding packages with many and low-cost options
What are the Legal Requirements for Getting Married in Mexico
Before you decide to get married in Mexico, you should know first their legal requirements.
Below are the requirements:
- The basics: In Mexico, you must be 18 years of age or older to get married legally. So if you are younger than 18, parental consent is needed.
- You need to secure proper documentation like birth certificate, passport, and tourist permit.
- It is required and you should arrive a few days before the wedding date to get a chest x-ray and blood test locally. Which is required for a legal wedding in Mexico.
- You need to have four witnesses to stand with you at the ceremony. If you’re planning an elopement wedding, ask with your resort venue or agent if they can provide witnesses for you.
- For your marriage certificate to be valid, you’ll need to submit a marriage appropriate form to the Foreign Office/State Department. Also if you had a religious ceremony, still, you need to take in civil service for your wedding to be legally recognized.
Planning to tie a knot in Playa del Carmen? Then contact us now to get started!