Cooking Tips on Your Charter Yacht
Cooking Tips on Your Charter Yacht. The benefits of renting a yacht in Playa Del Carmen is that you can cook your favourites on board, and eat whenever you want with the best views the world has to offer.
So, if you plan to charter a yacht, spend as much time as you can at open sea, and cook on a boat? Don’t miss the tips below.
- Familiarize the kitchen on the boat.
- To use the space wisely, bring only the necessary equipment (most boats are already equipped with the needed utensils)
- Since the prep area is limited, avoid bringing food that requires a lot of chopping.
- Keep your surface clean, remove any utensils, and other cooking equipment you don’t need, exceptionally sharp knives and related items.
- Buy perishables in quantities that you can cook before they go rotten since you can get them whenever you are in port.
- Do not forget to buy snacks.
- Get enough drinks, do not forget to buy enough soda and alcoholic beverages.
The yachts come equipped with all the kitchen equipment you need, plates, knives, forks, spoons and other standard equipment. But if you are doubtful, it is best to ask the boat company.
If you decide to prepare meals yourself, keep it simple! Since the space is limited in the yacht, you need to plan and organize. Don’t let it take much of your vacation time. Prepare simple dish, like fish, pasta, and canned food. Some sailboats offer a griller, where you can grill a quick, tasty meal!
Also, don’t forget to try the local food. Mexican food has an excellent reputation, and there are countless authentic restaurants for you to enjoy great food at reasonable prices.
Have a good, tasty time on your sailing holiday in Playa!
We strive to make your sailing vacation as stress-free and enjoyable as possible. Contact us for the best yacht rental offer!