Playa del Carmen 4 Most Luxurious Yacht and Boat Rentals
With lots of sail boats, regular boats and yachts in the Playa del Carmen area is hard to find the best ones. There is only a small percentage of luxury boats compared to Cancun and other areas. Boating and Yachting is one of the best things to do in Playa del Carmen and its always nice to have insider knowledge of the top level yachts in the area. We have put together a list of the 4 most Playa del Carmen Luxury Yacht and Boat Rentals.
Luxury Charter Rentals Playa del Carmen
1 – Azimut Italian line with great interior and exterior by far the fastest yacht in the area. This yacht is great for long and short yacht tours to Cozumel, Tulum and around Playa del Carmen. It’s a 47′ yacht fully equipted, including a great karaoke system to blast on the Mexican Caribbean ocean. You can’t go wrong with this spacious yacht for up to 22 people and all the necessary for a great private party.
Great cabin space and a great selection of cocktails to really enjoy the Riviera Maya.
2 – A Sexy Catamaran for up to 15 passengers, with nets to lay on and a luxury cabin area. A great option for small groups for Catamaran Rentals Playa del Carmen. It is basically a yacht inside a sailboat. This catamaran has great food options and open bars. Great food and service puts this catamaran on our list of most luxurious boats here. Not to mention that it has a very affordable price to sail away on the waters of the Riviera Maya
3- A Great 38′ sea Ray Yacht with space for up to 20 people max. Spacious areas for a great tanning session on board. With a second deck on the top with a table to sit next to the captain as you see the horizon of the Caribbean in front of you. Just another beautiful option for a Yacht Tour in Playa del Carmen
4- One of the biggest Sail boats / Catamaran in Playa del Carmen with a length of 27 mts. With a french built of fiberglass and 2 engines to pull this amazing large catamaran. Making Sail Tours Playa del Carmen, to Tulum and available for any private charter in Playa del Carmen.
When renting a yacht and or catamaran in the Riviera Maya, there tips that can help you make your boating experience a great one! There are things to keep in mind and certain things to avoid.
- Service on board of the boats — with different options and different companies offering yacht and sailboat rentals service is monumental to have the perfect yachting experience. Service is not only important when reserving your yacht, boat or catamaran but even more important on board. We understand what great service looks like from beginning to end and understand how it can set the tone for your tour. That is why we hand-pick the best yachts and catamarans with service driven crews to offer an amazing experience.
- Getting a different boat than what was promised– As you are getting ready to rent your yacht or catamaran overseas you want to make sure that the boat you are paying for is the one you are getting. Always check to make sure the photos sent are the ones of the boat you will get. You can simply ask for the model and other specs of the boat or yacht. Also, asking to submit a deposit instead of the full amount can give you some leverage as well to make sure you get what you reserve when you show up.
- Maintenance, well kept and clean boats — Even though there are incidents that we can’t control like a break down of a boat that may happen from time to time. Just like a limo may break down. Unfortunately, for this one it is a bit harder to prevent you can make an educated decision by doing your research on the yacht company. A good website and reputation can be an indication of a company being professional or more of a unorganized operation. The professionalism behind the reservation process and their customer service can also be a big indicator to avoid these incidents.
- Cancelation policy of your boat rental — Make sure that if weather is bad and port gets shut down will you get your money back or at least be able to reschedule. It should be a common practice for yachting and boat businesses to inform clients of their cancellation/weather policy so make sure you are aware of that prior to reserving.
Next time you are renting a yacht and or Catamaran in Playa del Carmen keep in mind these tips to ease the process of your experience and enjoy a great vacation!
The Riviera Maya has a lot of different options to rent fishing boats in Playa del Carmen. Whether for deep sea fishing or just sport fishing tour there are plenty of options. Fishing in Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya is quite the adventure for fishing fans. There are many different fishing tournaments and other opportunities to go out and experience a full fishing experience.
Playa del Carmen started as a local fishermen’s town. Since then it has had tremendous growth including in the fishing industry. Although, it has grown a lot there are still a few local restaurants who do their own fishing like “El Pirata” . They have fresh dishes daily and a plenty of room for reservations or walk-ins. It is a great place for delicious seafood at great prices.
Fishing Boats with Playa Yachting in Playa del Carmen & Mayan Riviera
Whether going on your own private fishing tour on a luxury yacht or small boat there are plenty of fishing boats Playa del Carmen. Take advantage of the different seasons of the year for a wide variety of fishes. The different types of fishes include the fast Marlin, the tasty Dorado that can be cooked at a nearby restaurant on the beach or chopped into small pieces for an amazing fresh ceviche.
This area also has a lot of different fishing events throughout the year. The fishing events happen from Cancun, to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Isla mujeres and cozumel. Below is a table detailing the numerous fishing tournaments.
|Pesca Vertical Pioneros 2013 Deep Jigging||25 – 26 de Enero||Playa del Carmen|
|“Fundadores” Puerto Aventuras 2013 |
“Jacinto Aguilar Quiam
|12, 13, 14 de Abril||Marina Puerto|
|Chuk – Kay||19, 20, 21 de Abril||Tulum|
|Cancun Internacional||26, 27, 28 de Abril||Cancún|
|Cesar Martín Rosado||3, 4, 5 de Mayo||Puerto Morelos|
|Rodeo de Lanchas Mexicanas||10, 11, 12 de Mayo||Cozumel|
|Cosme Alberto Martínez Magaña||17, 18, 19 de Mayo||Isla Mujeres|
|Profr. Augusto R. Sosa Centeno||30, 31 Mayo al 01|
|Playa del Carmen|
|Barracuda||Not confirmed||Isla Mujeres|
|Torneo del Carmen||13 de Julio||Playa del Carmen|
|Alicia Ricalde Magaña|
Regresa este Torneo a su fecha tradicional
|17 y 18 de Agosto||Isla Mujeres|
|Pesca Vertical Pioneros 2013|
|22, 23 de|
|Playa del Carmen|
There is something from every fishing aficionado in Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya. It is a great city for a wonderful yachting and boating experience out in the deep turquoise sea.
Playa del Carmen Fishing tournament
Yacht Charter Tour Playa Del Carmen
Yacht Charter Tour Playa Del Carmen – Our Azimut luxury yacht is always ready for you!
Are you ready to enjoy the Rivera Maya like it was meant to be?
A Yacht Charter Tour is the way!
The experiences range from Private Luxury Yachts & Catamarans to non-private boat/catamaran tours. Our boat tours venture to Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, Tulum and many other beautiful places in Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya.
If you are looking to celebrate any special occasion from a Bachelorette or Bachelor party, a birthday celebration, family or corporate outings, or if you just want to enjoy out at sea snorkeling, then we have the perfect vacation experience for you. Most of our packages include an open bar, food buffet, snorkeling gear, Karaoke and plenty of fun! So, enjoy a full meal, with open bar, swimming, snorkeling, music, fishing and even karaoke in some of our boats.
For those of you looking for a bit more of a party, we do have a booze cruise that provides a high energy social experience to party at sea with new and old friends.
We look forward to hosting you on your yachting adventure soon!!
Golf Courses in Playa del Carmen
Golf Courses in Playa del Carmen- If you are a big golfing aficionado or just want to learn a bit while vacationing in the Mayan Riviera we’ve come up with a list of top golf courses in this area. Here are our top 3 Golf Courses in Playa del Carmen and surrounding areas. Some of these have golfing schools for beginners. Tee time prices are very similar and in most cases have all-inclusive deals with food and drinks, with one exception, the high end Camaleon golf club in Mayakoba’s resort.
Cameleon Golf Course Riviera Maya
Camaleon Golf Course This course was design by Greg Norman. It is an amazing golf course with 18 holes, and par 72 . It is located in one of the best and most luxurious resorts in Playa del Carmen area, “Mayacoba”. With various tee boxes from tournament tees of 7,024-73.8/137, advance tees of 6,562-71.7/131, average tees of 6,123-69.5/123 and ladies tees of 5,078-69.9/119 it has something for every type of golfer.
(Photo courtesy of Cameleon Golf Course)
For descriptions and pictures of each of the 18 holes in the Cameleon Golf course check out their page Camaleon.
Cameleon Golf Course has a 100% paspalum turf with a combination of different environments to play in from its great Mayan Riviera jungle, Cenotes and even golfing areas that extend to the beach. This great combination and beauty of the Camaleon has been the hosting course for the PGA every year bringing great players from all around the world.
The Cameleon is fully pack with a stocked pro-shop: Fine dining restaurants; a convenient access to beverage carts; PGA style locker room; GPS equipped golf carts; driving ranges and short practice facilities with T-Time rates from 149usd.
Camaleon is proud to a leading golf course in the Mayan Riviera.
Iberostar Golf Course Riviera Maya
Iberostar Golf Course – The company has about 137 courses all over the world including the beautiful course in the Mayan Riviera.
(Photo courtesy of Iberostar Golf Course Riviera Maya)
- World Class Championship
- T: 136/72.4 B: 130/69.7 M: 121/67.4 F/Lds: 120/67.7
An all-inclusive course with snacks, golf carts, beverages and onsite transportation included. Rated as the 7th best golf course in Mexico by the “golf week” magazine in 2012, it is truly a must see course for any gold afinionado. It is home to different tournaments in the area and has been a major golf attraction in the Mayan Riviera area for its stunning views and stellar setting.
Hard Rock Cafe Golf Club Playa del Carmen
Previously known as Playacar Golf course, the Hard Rock Cafe Golf Course is located in the private residential and hotel area of Playacar. This gated community and golf course is a landmark to the area of Playa del Carmen. With 18 holes par 72 and with:
- Black tees > 142
- Blue Tees >137
- White Tees > 133
- Gold Tees > 122
- Red Tees > 126
The hard Rock Cafe Golf Club is also an all-inclusive golf club in Playa del Carmen with food, shared golf carts,beverages and transportation from and to hotels with certain restrictions. This world-class golf club brings different type of challenges to players whether you are an expert or just a beginner.
(Photo courtesy of Hard Rock Cafe Golf Course)
These are the best golf courses in the area of Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya to get your golf game on. You’ll enjoy a great Tee time day on your vacation or by checking out one of their golfing events. If you are staying in a hotel in the area or even directly in the Playacar community this is another must see golf course.
For other attractions and high-end experiences please check out our TOP THINGS TO DO IN PLAYA DEL CARMEN post.
Top things to do in Playa del Carmen During the day
Playa del Carmen has a lot to offer from nightlife, ocean experiences to more adreline driven attractions such as ziplining. Each year more and more tourists return to our beaches and discover this little turquoise colored watered heaven.
With so many things to do and so little time to do them all, everyone wants to know what are the top things to do in the Mayan Riviera. That is why we decided to put a list of things we love as a tourist from a local perspective.
As a tourist from a Local perspective in Riviera Maya
DAY LIFE PLAYA DEL CARMEN
- ATV (four wheeler) tour with Cenote
The adventure of riding an ATV through the green jungle as the adrenaline kicks in. Getting to a refreshing and crystal clear cenote (underground caves) to wash of the dust and sweat, is as good as it can get.
Here are some high rated companies offering this type adventure
- A catamaran tour to Isla Mujeres – With an all inclusive experience that features open bar drinks, food. An amazing 7 hour tour through the turquoise ocean enjoying music. Which can be set up for family environment catamaran tour or more of party catamaran tour. With 13-15 catamarans going out daily you will get the boating experience you are looking for. To top it off, if you are a good swimmer enjoy an activity call spinnaker which is a bit similar to parasailing, as you are ending the sailing tour.
Playa Yachting – With its variety of unique non private catamaran tours to Isla Mujeres, Playa del Carmen and even Tulum. You can definitely find one that fits your needs whether a booze cruise or just a family friendly tour.
- Private Yacht – Charter or Sailing Catamaran rental companies like Playa Yachting providing you with great options for every occasion. You can’t miss out on riding a beautiful boat, snorkeling with turtles and even jumping off the boat to complete your experience
Playa Yachting – Simple and easy to find a private charter, vessel, yacht or catamaran to take on the Caribbean’s turquoise color ocean. If you are looking for a Yacht or a sailing boat in Playa del Carmen Check out popular choices HERE
Best Beach Clubs
- Walk on the beach to check out beach clubs –
Zenzi – With its live music and a great variety of foods. Our personal food recommendation is their “Tuna Tostada” if you like tuna fish. It’s made with raw tuna in some kind of mayonnaise that is finger licking good.
Coralina Day Club and Beach Club – Coralina is the new day club in Playa del Carmen. It is one of the highest end party beach clubs in the area. Located inside the Hyatt Hotel it is creating a buzz in town for its unique day party life.
Cenotes (unique underground cave systems)
- Cenotes – One of the best things to see in the Mayan Riviera. They are underground rivers of crystal clear water to swim and snorkel in. Some of them forming caves with amazing rock formations. Others with an open concepts where you can jump into the water from cliffs of about 5-10 mts high.
Cenote Azul – A cenote with its unique open concept in the middle of the jungle yet right off the main highway. Public transportation very accessible for the way there and back
Cenote Dos Ojos This is an area that is home to 5-6 different cenotes in one, “Cenote Dos OJos”. It is the best spot for scuba diving with a pit of over 30 feet deep to explore a great cave and with passages from one cenote to another. It’s one of the most highly rated cenotes in the area.
Cenote Chaak tun – Outside playa del carmen you can find this amazing cenote which are 3 caves. Two that are lit by lights with bats flying above ( friendly and smily bats that eat fruit, they are not blood suckers 🙂 ) and it’s great rock formation of stalagmites and stalactites makes it one of our favorite cenotes to visit specially for snorkeling. On this cenote you might have to hire private transportation since there is no public transportation that can get you there. Although you can get a taxi to take you there you will have a hard time finding transportation to get you back.
Golfing in the Riviera Maya
- Golfing – If you are in the mood for golf the Mayan Riviera has some amazing golf courses from fields within a private residential area like the Hard Rock golfing course in Playacar, to Maya Coba’s “El Camaleon Golf Course” that hosts the annual PGA Tour. See below for more information.
Hard Rock Cafe Golf Course – Located in a close residential area called Playacar. This golf course is an all inclusive course with food, drinks and transportation from you hotel and back. Formerly known as Playacar Golf Course. This is now a great place for golfers to come and learn, practice or enjoy their T-time.
El Camaleon Golf Course in Maya Coba Resort – Hosting each year the PGA tour this course is one of the most popular golf courses around the world. It is incredibly popular for its unique setting and how the course crosses through different environments, from jungles, cenotes and even the beach area. To top it all off it offers the finest dining restaurant around which makes it the highest end golf course in the area.
Bachelor and Bachelorette growing destination
- BACHELOR (stag) AND BACHELOR (hen) PARTIES PLAYA DEL CARMEN with private parties and ideas for these type of occasions. Playa del Carmen Bachelorette is one of the leading companies in organizing, planning and executing these celebrations nonetheless there are other companies that offer private boat parties with packages dedicated to Bachelorettes and Bachelors like Playa Yachting
Playa del Carmen Bachelorette – The leading company in bachelorette and bachelor celebrations in the Riviera Maya. Positioned itself through great ratings on tripadvisor and with its 10 year experience in the field. Brings memorable “last flings before the ring” parties to a lot of bachelors and bachelorettes.
Mayan ruins and pyramids
- Chichen itza – Considered one of the wonders of the world. Due to its unique architecture and historical significance, it is a must see if you’re in the area. With pyramids that echo back different animal sounds as you clap your hands in front of them. Each unique design well thought out by the mayans to serve a purpose. The steps of the main pyramid symbolize each day of the day and the snake on the side forms a snake shadow twice a year symbolizing when to plant seeds and when the crops were ready for pick up.
- Coba and Tulum – The Coba site spreading over 2 mile, has one of the only pyramids that you can climb to the top. We recommend to either rent a bike and bring water since it’s a long walk to see most of the site. As for Tulum which was a communication and crossing port with Cozumel. This area has amazing views with a cliff directly to the beach. It is a great place to take photos with the ruins, the white sand, the green jungle and the turquoise colored ocean. It is just a perfect mix of all of the Mayan Riviera. Tulum also has one of the most beautiful beaches in the area. They have no buildings where a lot of tourist come to relax and get away from the touristy areas.
Eco and Adventure Parks
- Natural Parks In Playa del Carmen
Xplore with 24 ziplines has one of the tallest and largest zipline in the area. It is more than just a ziplining park. It is a great option for a jampack adrenaline ride. This park has a lot of adventure to offer, with atv activities, an underground river that you ride on with a canoe. It also offers an amazing lunch or dinner buffet and an open bar for your delight. You can enjoy this park either in the daytime or evening time. At night “Xplor Fuego” which lights up the park with torches and gives you a whole other experience. This is definitely a world class park. You won’t be disappointed.
Xcaret – Offering a great underground river to swim from one end to the other, in certain parts its pitch black. An ecological park with amazing wildlife to see including animals like; turtles, jaguars and different type of fishes. It also offers a great cultural experience, a colorful show full of music and cultural history. You can choose between admission with or without dinner. Part of this park’s charm is seeing the history of Mexico from the indigenous beginning to the changes it went through with the arrival of the Spaniards, and to the Mexico we know now.
Xel ha – More of natural Park or natural aquarium for different ocean species. This park has many activities similar to scuba diving and a few zip lines landing in the water as its Mayan name says it, “Xel”which means baptism or where the water is born. Enjoy a full day of the most natural park in the area.
Top things to do in Playa del Carmen is a list of suggestions with the purpose of getting the best out of your vacation from a tourist that now lives here.
One of the Best things to do in Playa del Carmen
One of the most popular activities to do in Playa del Carmen is cruising on a yacht or boat. This has become many vacationer’s highlight to their trip.
Enjoying a boating or yachting excursion is an exceptional experience, specially in the Mayan Riviera. This area boasts amazing turquoise colored waters, amazing sea life from turtles to stingrays and other stunning sea life.
You can’t truly say you have been to the Mayan Riviera if you haven’t gone on a yacht or catamaran tour. Our boats, yachts and catamarans are prepared a great day of snorkeling or just a good time on board with drinks and music. You can customize your experience to fit your needs or your special celebration. Celebrate a birthday, a bachelorette or bachelor party or enjoy a good fishing day out in the ocean.
Best thing to do in Playa del Carmen !
Dare to “Dream, Explore, and Discover”. Whether for a weekend or a week we got something for you.
Check out our video and see how is done and how you can be enjoying your vacation!
Contact us and find out more!
We offer private boats to non private booze cruises and fishing trips.
Whatever you choose, know that you will be enjoying a day to remember having a margarita, a cold sweating beer, or tanning on a yacht. You can pick from our unique experiences like a wine tasting, tequila tasting, birthday package or even a bachelorette or bachelor packages to customize your celebration.
Also take advantage of our FREE reservation service to restaurants, nightclubs, bars and more.
So get ready to live it like you’re suppose to on your vacation. Are you ready for the experience of a lifetime?
Yacht collection to choose from
If you are looking for a yacht or a yachting experience in Playa del Carmen, look no further!
We have the perfect yacht, boat or catamaran to fit your needs. We offer customizable yachting experiences that provide a personalized service. You’ll enjoy an unforgettable experience to make your vacation one to remember. We guarantee that Playa Yachting will be the highlight of your trip!!
You can check out our story on About Us. Also if you are interested in wine and spending a day out at sea then we can create an unforgettable wine tasting yachting experience. From the creators of Mile High Wine Tours , we bring you a next level experience of wine tasting. Indulge in the perfect wine experience while you delight in the beautiful scenery. This truly is an activity to share with friends and family in the Mayan Riviera!
Aside from all of our set experiences you can also personalize your yachting adventure. We can suggest from our list whether its for a birthday, a wedding, or a romantic dinner. We will make it happen for you and make sure you enjoy it to your full delight.
Imagine cruising on a luxury boat while tasting some of the best wines from Mexico and Latin America. Enjoy a sunset holding your special one close to you as you share a delicious gourmet dinner and listening to the tunes of your choice.
Isn’t this a memory to hold for ever, let us help you and create this wonderful experiences along side of your personal requests.
Our new yacht will bring you great stories to tell of your vacation in the Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen, at a very affordable price and yet not losing the touch of a yachting adventure.
Contact us for details on this new boat for up to 17 people in playa del carmen and riviera maya.